Five rounds of funding
- 2011 : 1st round of funding of € 650,000 from individual investors such as Dominique Michel and Guy Fleury
- 2013 : 2nd round of funding of € 1.6m from the sector investment funds: DEMETER and EMERGENCE INNOVATION
- 2014 : 3rd round of funding of € 3.8m from three new investment funds (HPC Capital, Paca Investissement and CPG) and three long-standing shareholders of the company. (Demeter, Emergence Innovation 1 and the IO group). The BNP Paribas and the Caisse d’Epargne have also jointly granted bank financing of € 1.2m
- 2016 : 4th round of funding of € 3m from Tertium and several historical partners (PACA investissement, FCPR Emergence Innovation 1 & Demeter 3 Amorçage, FIP Entrepreneurs Capital 3)
- 2017 : 5th round of funding of € 8m from Siem offshore contractors, Hitachi Zosen, Amundi Private Equity Funds, and from some of Ideol’s existing shareholders (Tertium, PACA Investissement and Conseil Plus Gestion)
- 2018 : 6th round of funding of € 15m from Kerogen Capital, and from existing shareholders of Ideol, including Amundi Private Equity, Sofimac Regions and Paca Investment
Public authority support
Funding amounting to a total of € 7.3m was granted by ADEME in 2014 through the Investments for the Future programme as part of the Call for Expressions of Interest relating to "marine renewable energy: building blocks and demonstrators" for the Oceagen project piloted by Ideol in partnership with BOUYGUES TP and IFSTTAR.
The European Union also supports the Floatgen project through the 7th Framework Programme of research and technological development amounting to a total funding of approximately € 10m in 2013.
Ideol is also a partner in the Lifes50+ project which will receive € 7m of funding from the European Union in 2015 (Horizon2020 Programme).
Ideol is generating revenue
The signing of a design and engineering contract in June 2015 with its partner Hitachi Zosen in Japan has enabled Ideol to generate revenue for the first time and thus to finance its development programme. This contract confirms the company's business model, the relevance of the floating foundation developed by Ideol and its international success.